Wednesday, April 15, 2009

(H)erbing

today I smelled the Spring air for the first time in a millenia -
I took my french pressed coffee out to the yard and planted the herbs for the restaurant. Just cool enough and just enough sun. Planted the basil, the dill, the rosemary, the mint, and the cilantro. My rainbow chard from the Fall is still going strong with no watering through the Winter. I figured they'd be dead through the Winter, but they never really died....they truly are a hardy Winter green (but I guess that's not saying much living in Houston). I refreshed the soil from the Fall. By now, the organic matter had really decomposed. Found earth worms as big as pencils turning a phosphorant green color. It was beautiful. Picked the weeds. Turned over the soil. Emptied the old water catcher. Showered them with water. Washed my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment